Busy Holiday Season & A New Year


Long time, no see...

(new glasses)

I have no real excuse for being an absentee blogger for the past two and a half months.  It's truly been a busy holiday season, with weekends full of hosting family and friends, ballet performances, and vacations.  In all of the glory, I haven't had the time, nor the creative inclination to do much more than read a book during any down time I've had.

(our Christmas tree)

(a cat in our tree)

With the coming of the new year, I'm hoping to simplify, and if I'm honest, blogging won't be a priority.  Sewing goals will be minimal in 2014.  I would like to finish the Jane Austen Quilt that my Mother-in-Law started a few years ago.  I also plan on finishing the Rev War area Jacket that I started in October.  Other than that...I'm unsure...I'll let life be life this year, and roll with it.

(our table dressed for Christmas tea with the ladies)

(laughter, love and food amongst friends)
 
I'll sign off this year with pictures taken over the past couple of months...a collage of my busy world. 

(my little Nutcracker star)
 

(Victorian Christmas ornaments)
 
 (Bodega Bay, CA)

 (a kitschy cafe based on the Hitchock cult film "The Birds.")

 (church where "The Birds" was filmed)


 (school house in "The Birds")

 (Sonoma Beach, CA)

 (wind-blown Jane)




 I hope you had a merry holiday season, and I wish you a bright new year.

Comments

Dear Jenni,
wishing you a lovely New Year, too!

Sabine
ZipZip said…
Dear Miss Jenni,
Happy New Year to you and yours! Christopher says, "I wish you a Happy New Year too!" Noah's not saying anything. He's eating grits and reading about Daniel and the lions.

Liked your year in pictures: California looked fantastic -- Christopher oohed when he saw the rocky beach and he wondered if Miss Autumn had wanted to go swimming. He has not met the Pacific Ocean yet :}

Letting the year go and see what happens? Now there's a happy plan!

Peace to you in 2014,

Natalie -- and the boys -- Curte just woke. Now I go and make hoppin' john, collards, and rice.
litlaffluv said…
What a lovely blog this is! You have great taste, and clearly live your life in classic style! I especially love the picture you have in another post of your writing desk! I have always wanted one of those. :)
I am inspired by all of your projects as I would love to get a few going, myself. So much to learn though...
I look forward to seeing your future posts!

Popular Posts